Thursday 21 February 2013

Lame attempt at a catchup post

Hi everyone,

I know, I know: I'm being a bad blogger at the moment!  It's kind of been a big week.

For one thing, I've been catching up with the Uni of Virginia course in modern history. I may have said before, but it's genuine study: right now I'm doing the bare minimum required; if I were to step it up a notch and also do, say, the readings, it would be hard to tell it from a regular undergraduate subject.

Another thing that's hogging my attention at the moment is the sudden appearance of some historicolegal issues on which I can write with a degree of authority.  It's truly an embarassment of riches: I'm finding myself thinking "this is a great opportunity to get something into the Florida Bar Journal ... no time to write it from scratch ... maybe I can  cannibalize that thing I did a few years ago that nobody wanted to publish?"

I wonder if Hemingway had this problem?!?

Wednesday I caught up with a secretary I used to work with and also met her fiance. He's a sensible, down to earth fellow from New Zealand, and should be a good match for her. Photos from the evening below (sorry - yeah, writing this on my phone in the tram). But, they both love a drink. Guess who was staggering back to Brunswick on Wednesday night?

My stop is coming up. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment