Thursday 28 March 2013

Dawn, Good Friday

Hi Everyone,

I'm typing this at Flinders before we head back up to Shepparton. It's about 6am here on a chilly Autumn morning.

I was in Melbourne briefly on Wednesday and Thursday, chiefly so I could skype with my little princesses and also to get a haircut and collect my mail. I was hoping to try and write something (indeed, anything) Wednesday night but my brain wouldn't really co-operate; I rattled off a book review over at goodreads but that was it.

Skyping on Thursday morning was great. The girls are the most beautiful little ones you ever saw, and Grace insisted on giving Daddy kisses through the computer screen. I have no words at all for this. Lord help me to find a position from which to be a better Dad.

Some good news in that the Wangaratta job wants a second interview. They want to do it at a pub in Deniliquin on Easter Sunday which is a chore (and suggests to me I may want to downplay being a practising Catholic - yeah, gutless, but I really need this job; given that my girls have a strong stake in it, I'm sure God will understand!).

Things otherwise good. Dad is ok but looked a little "weighed down" in the cold snap this afternoon. He's not young anymore, and I truly don't think the Flinders climate suits him so well now. Truly, I think he's awfully happy giving a lot of his energies to Shepparton.

I can hear the first few notes of the dawn chorus and a rooster crowing. This reminds me of why this day matters ("you will deny me three times ..."). I want to say something more about that but will set my thoughts in order before I do.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment