Sunday 7 April 2013

Luncheon update

Hi everyone,

Typing this after lunch. Likely to be a shortish post.

Spent the morning at Pakenham Livestock Exchange for the sale of the bullocks from yesterday. Sold pretty well, at around $950.00 a head.

A slightly strange moment on the drive over, when for some reason I suddenly realised "Joni actually despises you". Fun. Definitely a moment for which the "more in sorrow than in anger" response was made.

Looked about in Dandenong for a replacement ram for the broken one after the market, without success. Shopping then back here. Lunch. Read the twitterfeed from the ACM Awards which was hilarious. Top tweet, I think, was "Taylor Swift is STILL dancing? Someone take her batteries out!".

Likely to head back to Shepparton tomorrow via tractor wrecker at Somerton.

Forgot to mention that a vacancy gas come up inside Caterpillar's workers comp division; applications open for the next few days so I'll apply when I'm next near a working computer.

Thinking quite a bit at the moment about historical perspectives on modern agriculture. Still persuaded that my theory about mismatched experiences of time has significant explanatory power in current and past problems. I just need time to finish writing the bloody article setting it all out!!!

Enough for now I guess. More later

No comments:

Post a Comment