Thursday 21 June 2012

And one to go.

Hi everyone,

One more day at my current job to go. I have a court appearance in the morning, two more files to prepare for handover, and then it‘s just a case of 86ing my personal emails off the system, sorting out what papers I keep and what I throw away, and I‘m done.

Not sure how I feel about all this. On one hand, it‘s been a really nice workplace, with nicest and sweetest people in the world, even if the job itself did a couple of times push me close to a breakdown (and, realistically, towards the end of 2011, left me struggling to cope). I guess you‘d say it‘s been a rich package of experiences, and I‘m surely a different man to what I was when I went in. I‘ve learned a lot, a lot.

I am looking forward to the new job. Even though I don‘t want to be a lawyer for the term of my natural life, I would like to finish as a success, rather than crash out ingloriously. My instincts tell me that with all I‘ve learned in the current job, I‘ll be able to hit the ground running. It really feels like this is my time to shine.

Overall I‘m feeling good about this. To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment