Tuesday 9 October 2018

Cautiously pokes head out of shell...

Hi everyone,

Here I am blogging here again.  I'm a little surprised how long it's been.  Not that I've been silent: for one thing, in the course of rebooting my career I've been putting a reasonable degree of energy into my other blog, which focuses more on my work.

Things have been going well since last update.  I still love being back in the law.  I'm still stoked to turn up to the office each day, and that's just as well: I don't think I've ever worked so hard in my life.  I've noticed that I've pretty well fallen back into my old habit of working late (till about 2200) each night, but I'm OK with that.  I'm getting things done, I have an A1 assistant, and the boss seems broadly happy with my work.  That's good enough for me.  And any time I even think about complaining, I remember how miserable I was in the sign factory and then life seems unutterably blessed again.




A post shared by Stephen Tuck (@sdtuc2) on


Living in Brunswick continues to suit me.  For one thing, it's close enough for me to be able to walk home on evenings when I don't have SES.  It's of course hipster-central, and at present Labour and Greens Party election posters are going up everywhere - rather different to the National Party heartland I've been living in the last five years.

It was a remarkably cold winter which is now giving over to a warm spring (in the north, a drought that doesn't bear thinking about).  I'm loving that it's warm enough to run and keep fit again.  Seems to be working according to the health check with SES the other night, which said I have basically zero risk of heart disease!


Tomorrow is looking fairly packed, so it may be a while before I write again,  Looking forward, however, to updating here more regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment