Monday 2 September 2019

Monday ended with Police

It's been another full day here.  The morning at work was taken up largely in wading through a large bundle of subpoenaed medical records and wondering if I can force summary judgment against my opponent (I suspect not).  Lunch was salad, and I had a client to see in the afternoon.

The news on the Court front today was the sentencing of the murderer of Eurydice Dixon.  As usual, public reaction was a reminder of how catastrophically lacking civics education is in Australia.  After a certain point you have to wonder whether the public really should be allowed to sit on juries.



The only other event of note was that I left the office a bit earlier than usual tonight (viz, about 6pm) to get to SES training.  There was a police car outside my digs.  It turned out one of the housemates had had a mental episode of some kind and was going to be having a spell in hospital.  Hope he does OK.

Police divvy van, Melbourne, Australia
SES was fairly straightforward - mainly preparation for next week's landsearch exercise.  I was home by 10:30pm.  Tomorrow should be productive with an ounce of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment