Sunday 26 February 2012

Sunday, Sunday

Hi everyone,

It's been a quiet Sunday.  You might be able to tell from the time-stamp on yesterday's post that I put it up rather late last night and so I slept correspondingly late this morning.  Shame on me.  Anyway, once I got the day underway I decided the best things I could do were to check my stocks of postal supplies (as in, envelopes and stamps, not as in, going to conduct a massacre) so as to send off some insurance paperwork this week.  No, I'm not about to go and do a Willy Loman; I've just been reviewing my life insurance policies, to make double certain Joni and the girls will be OK if I get struck down by an act of God (or a tram).  I need to send off one more application to my other superannuation fund and assuming it's accepted, it means I should be worth a good $2M to Joni and the girls if I should snuff it.  As I've said to her too many times, I'm surely worth more dead than alive!  There's only one loophole I haven't figured out: I always told Joni that if she should wake up and find me dead in bed beside her, she should take me to the office and drape me over my desk or throw me down the front steps a few times so as to be able to claim it on workers comp!  I'm not sure how we'll do that while she's there and I'm here.  Any suggestions?  Maybe I'll ensure I always have a file here at the sharehouse and take to sleeping at my desk?  Seems a little bit of over-preparation.

Postal supplies checked, I went into the office for the afternoon.  Productive, but could have been a little better.  Still, it's encouraging and I think I can get through the present issues if I show a little backbone.

I got groceries after work and then headed back here.  Ironed shirts and paired socks while watching "Big Bang Theory".  It's kind of pathetic how much I look forward to that show.  After that I went down to the kitchen and hastily baked a loaf of oatbread for the week.  While I was about it, I slapped together a dessert "bread"(?) by mixing up the usual dough, but added honey and sugar to the mix, then flattened it out, sprinkled it liberally with cinnamon and rolled it up.  Unbelieveably both items came out really well!  The sweetened bread was almost a pudding, and would have been great if I'd had some ice-cream to go with it.  And the bread came out soft and cooked right through, if rather unleavened (didn't have time to let the yeast do its thing).  The bread has now been converted into this week's sandwiches.  The sandwiches themselves might be a bit disappointing: The deli meat I bought was "Devon Round", rather than ham (chiefly because of the price difference).  The trouble is, Devon round is a manufactured meat with the consistency and taste of wet cardboard.  The sandwiches themselves contain liberal amounts of mustard, chilli, sage and coriander to deal with the deficiencies of the meat.

OK: It's getting on for midnight so I'll log on, post this and turn in.  Hope your Sundays are going well!

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment