Tuesday 10 April 2012

Warning - could be whiny!

Hi Everyone,

This is a quick post before I leave the office.  It turned into kind of a late night and - you guessed it - an office dinner.  It's been a reasonable productive day.  A few critical things brought under control, and a two hours conference with counsel and some employer witnesses in the afternoon.

Depressingly I have a strong suspicion that tomorrow I'll be told I've got two weeks to clear my desk.  I've tried, God knows I've tried to give the firm what it wanted.  I'm too-aware that I've fallen short.  Oh joy.  I'm happy to start again, and to look for work in a different field like I said in yesterday's post, but this isn't a great time to be out of work.  I've already been preparing the ground with Mum and Dad, mentioning that there are "rumours of staff cuts" because I can't bring myself to tell them that I'm a gnat's wing off being sacked for incompetence.  It just feels wrong to saddle them with that sort of shit when stretching the truth will do just as well.

Feeling annoyed with myself that I sent Joni a fairly snappy email warning her that this is how the wind is blowing.  Gripe.  Never fair to take this sort of shit out on her or the girls.

OK, it's 10:30pm.  Time to wheel my backside out of here.  At least tomorrow I have a matter on tomorrow where we have a great defence.  If I'm going out, it's going to be with a bang.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment