Monday 15 October 2018

Kicking off the week

The week has started out busy here.  As per usual, I was up at 7am and at the office at 8am.  I put it down to the very active weekend that I felt a bit underpowered this morning.  It was a great feeling when the coffee kicked in: not unlike the moment in 'Comfortably Numb' when the hallucinations wear off in the limousine.  If you haven't seen the music video to 'Comfortably Numb', you really should.  It's worth seeing.




People sometimes get a bit sniffy about coffee from 7/11.  I don't know why.  Yes, it's not A1 barista-made coffee, but for $1 a cup it's great!  Anyway, the morning had me seeing a client and so I can't talk about that, save that it's a good case.  Lunch was made from the groceries at the Market yesterday - broccoli, chillis and tinned salmon.  It's a good blend but it needs something more in the jar with it for the day or two it's in the fridge.  Hot sauce, maybe?  Or perhaps soy sauce.  Vinegar at a pinch.  Experimentation ahoy!

Broccoli, salmon and chilli (c) New Citeaux

The afternoon saw me in conference with another client, although with a twist: I saw them at the coffee shop near work as they were going to struggle with the stairs to my office.  This presented its own challenges: not least that the cafe was near some roadworks and the client is softly spoken. There was a definite problem.

In the evening I needed to head out and do some particular volunteer work and so I was a no-show at SES training.  The job in question was near the Bay though, so I was able to get some clean fresh air after the warm day.  It’s nothing less than rejuvenating.
Pier, Port Phillip Bay, Melbourne (c) New Citeaux
Looking back towards the beach (c) New Citeaux
Not sure what the weather will do this week. Rain is forecast but the storm warnings seem to have ceased.  Lord knows rain would be welcome in the north about now.  Hopefully my SES transfer will finally get through so I can be of some use this storm season!
 
 How's your week starting out?

No comments:

Post a Comment