Saturday 19 April 2014

Woodsmoke and Football

Cool autumn day here.  Slept late, but woke up feeling well-rested for the first time in ages.

Nice long morning Skype with the girls.  Love them so much!  Poor Grace has a stomach bug and was cuddling up to Joni, although there was an upside inasmuch as Rachel and I got to have some daddy-daughter time.  I love Gracie-Lou, but she does make it hard for Rachel-Bear to get a word in edgeways!

Working with the old boy on the house plumbing in the afternoon. Woodsmoke was coming through the chimney from the fire inside and hanging in the cool afternoon air.  I remember that smell well from Flinders, in the before-time. It always smelt like home, and yet...  The other thing I heard a few times through the day was talk of local football on the radio.  I always thought having a local team would mean something to me - that supporting a team (Shepparton Swans) and being able to go to their games (the firm is a sponsor) would be a part of feeling at home.  But still ... It's as if I want somewhere that feels like home, but as soon as it heaves into view, I feel trapped.

Way to be eternally unsatisfied!

More tomorrow I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment