Thursday 7 January 2016

Of blankets

The other day I got an email from the Red Cross.  One passage in it has stuck with me, so I'm sharing it here:
In the most war-torn areas, like Syria, Afghanistan or Yemen, we are working relentlessly to help those most affected by conflict, distributing food, household essentials, providing health care and restoring family links.
As winter settles in, with only 50 Swiss francs we could distribute over 300 blankets.
Help us be a sure sign of hope for all the victims of conflict.
Google tells me that at the moment 50 Swiss francs translates to about A$70.00 / US$49.00.  I well appreciate that most of us are a bit strapped at this time of the year.  But if you're able, and have some spare funds at hand, you could do worse than to make a donation to that cause.


Image from here

No comments:

Post a Comment