Saturday 26 November 2016

Quick pre-run post

Hi everyone,

Only a short post tonight: for the first time in forever I have a race tomorrow!  A team of us from Tatura SES are entering the fun run to support the local hospital, and registration is at 0830.  I haven't been in a footrace in forever so you can imagine how much I'm looking forward to it!



Frankly, I could use a positive moment with SES at the moment.  In the last two days I've had to defuse or address three major issues within the unit, all basically concerning people management.  One of them involved a 'difficult' conversation and two of them required me to use the phrase "Let's all take a deep breath...".  Yeah: I don't do conflict.  Stupid isn't it?  I was a litigator but hate fighting.  I'm broadly a realist red-in-fang-and-claw conservative, but I want to fill the world with smiles and goodwill.  I guess I just don't understand why someone would quarrel when there's a way to make peace and co-operate.

A777/4
Farmers inspecting vehicle used to spray peach trees at the Tatura
Horticultural Research Station, 1957. [NAA: A1501, A777/4]

Anyway, enough for now: I'm off to take a shower and set out my race gear. Looking forward to a race in my ersatz home town!

No comments:

Post a Comment