Monday 1 April 2013

Evening update

Hi everyone,

Another post from the phone tonight.  It's been a good day: lots of walking and outside work, and good mild weather to boot.  Mostly the day has been given over to clearing the road paddock of large sticks and scrap metal.

I've drafted a post which hopefully one of my friends on a higher-traffic blog will feel like running as a guest post, failing which I'll run it here and on goodreads.com as it's actually kinda good!

Medium run in the evening: maybe 8-9 miles? Need to sweat off the last few days' indulgence!

I had a mildly depressing insight listening to the "Country Hour" over lunch: Are the current crop of problems facing Australian farmers the product of treating a small-to-medium business as a lifestyle issue. For example, by insisting on being paid more than x cents a litre for milk because "I'm a dairy farmer, like my father and grandfather were". Even though, clearly, the marmet has no intention of paying more for the product. Surely the question to ask is: "How can I add value to the product so to charge more". Maybe the current pairs are part of the slow, painful transiton from family farming to agribusiness,

I guess that's enough for now.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment