Thursday 9 May 2013

Thursday

Warm sunny day - unseasonably so for May. Not much rain expected till September.

Interesting news this morning re constitutional referendum to be put at next election on recognising local government in the federal constitution. No details yet available but my feeling is the existence or otherwise of local govt should remain a state matter. We'll see.

To Rushworth in afternoon with Dad to load a cattle crate. Difficult in a way: Dad loves to talk and often (incl today) I just want to be silent.  Alls well that ends well. I worry re his diabetes. He sees his doctir rarely and tends to be patchy in good dietary habits. I'm trying to get him into good habits without him knowing - he ate a piece if mulitgrain bread today, and I'm trying to accustom him to eating olives rather than biscuits before dinner - but it's uphill work.

That's all for now. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment