Wednesday 29 January 2014

A great use of my time...

Hi everyone,

Can I have a moment to gripe?

I'm sitting here in the Yarrawonga office on a hot afternoon.  How hot?  This hot


It's an hour's drive here from Shepparton, and now I've got an hour and a half drive back to Karramomus.  Or rather, longer as I need to stop and do a site inspection at Yarroweyah on the way back.  What makes it annoying is that only one of my three appointments up here actually turned up and I skipped lunch to get here on time #waaahmbulance.

Not that I'm in a hurry to go back to the farm.  I have the problem of being a free trader in a protectionist household, so im likely to attract some blame in connection with the decision today not to subsidise SPC Ardmona.

The thing is, yesterday I sent an email supporting funding for SPC Ardmona to certain members of parliament, and this morning preparing a news report for the firm detailing its support for a subsidy for SPC.  So yeah: I sold out my principles because to match the inclinations of the higher-ups at work.


It's been a marked couple of days then.

I guess I should bite the bullet and get on the road.  Roll on cooler temps next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment