Monday 24 August 2015

Ending in Ithaca

Hi everyone,

Starting this post on my phone while I still have some battery coverage.

It's been a quiet day.  I fed the dog and the cat and then headed off to work.  The day itself was a bit of a chore: by about 2pm I was casting about for work to do and didn't like to be a pest and nag the boss.  Scratch an experienced lawyer and you'll find a nervy kid stuck in Grade Five.  Anyway, after about 30 minutes of killing time I got a salvo of emails about a large and rather complex bill that needs to get paid.  The lead to a genuinely interesting and challenging couple of hours messing about with an Excel spreadsheet.  Who'd'a thought I'd be enjoying that sort of work?! 

The lady whose maternity leave I'm covering for came in for morning tea, and that means cake was served.  My self-control was at somewhat low ebb and so when lunchtime rolled around I headed out for a good walk on the path near the railway line to burn some of it off.


It's a good path I must say, and leads up to Cussen Park.  Nice and tree lined and will be good when the days are long enough to run after work.


I must look up what the rail line through Tatura carries. I'm sure it's not passengers; I wonder where the freight lines go?



I went to see mum at the hospital after work.  She seemed a little washed out - tired, perhaps?  Still, she does seem to be looking forward to coming home.  I guess that means she's got a positive feeling about the future and that's a good thing.
 
I was ploughing through my emails tonight and found one that referred me to a very nice story about the old church in St Martinville, Louisiana.  I love the idea of a church like that, and a community built around it.  I think that was one of the things I loved most about the ex's world.  I know it means I should feel great about living up here, where I oscillate between the big town of Shepparton, the small town of Tatura, and the village of Toolamba, but somehow it just isn't the same.  I guess everyone has their own Ithaca.
 
No more for now.  Hope you're all starting the week out right!

No comments:

Post a Comment