Wednesday 26 February 2020

Road to Wollongong Part III: Stronger

Things are on the improve.  Since my last post the weekend has come and gone.  I needed to head back up to the farm to lend a hand with drenching cattle, which meant a lot of time both on my feet and climbing over the sliprails.  And of course, many miles were walked with the dog during the off-hours.
Fairly representative for both days
Sadly, I couldn’t get time to run while I was up there.

I was fairly stiff in the ankles and tendons when I got back to town for the working week.  It was raining on Monday night and so I couldn’t walk home after work.  I made up for it all with a run home last night on the usual 10km route.  This particular run almost didn’t happen.  We’re going through a mind-bogglingly busy period at work following the departure of one of the firm’s solicitors.  It was 10:30pm when I finally wrapped up for the night.  I decided to run anyway given I need the stress relief: the mental pressure at work has been close to clouding my judgment which can only end very badly.

This isn’t the time of day I was running but it’s roughly the area

In the event it was a good run.  I’d only intended to take it gentle but I found my legs felt strong and my knees and tendons weren’t hurting.  Subject to work, I’ll probably try for 13 kms on Thursday evening and another 21kms at the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment