Wednesday 20 March 2013

It rains

Hi everyone,

I'm typing this update on my phone at Shepparton. It's a little before 6am and there's a light rain falling outside, thank God.

Yesterday wasn't brilliant, I'm afraid.  I got to the Alliance Francaise building in plenty of time for the DELF examination. I think I managed OK in the written component of the examination, but I crashed and burned in the oral component, struggling to speak properly, find words or maintain even the least grammar.  Sigh: screw moi. Anyway, I can re-sit the exam later this year, so that's something. Anything that get's e a little closer à mes deux filles en Louisiane.

After the exam I caught the train back to Shepparton. Nothing more settling than a long train journey: I'm with Sheldon Cooper on that one. Finished reading Camus' essays on the way.  Mum and Dad doing well and off to the Warragul field day today, which means I have a few days of alone-time which (frankly) are not unwelcome!

Good news in the form of an email that came in once my phone was getting some juice: an email from a recruiter asking if I'd be interested in a job he knew of. Why, yes. Yes I would. So I'll speak to him today.  Sometimes that kind of contact means the job is a poisoned challce, but at the moment, I'm not going to be picky!

More later today; hope all is well with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment