Sunday 3 March 2013

I've been a baaad blogger

Hi everyone,

Sorry for how erratically I've been posting lately.  No real excuse, apart from that some evenings I just can't seem to find anything of any substance to day.  Of course, then I'll go and say it over at dailymile or goodreads or MFP so I'm not sure that's totally true.  Although the last few evenings I've also been trying to bang out a 2,500 word piece for the American Bar Association's Workers Comp newsletter as well, which I emailed off on Friday evening.  Hopefully another one for the resume.

Anyway, it's been a good weekend.  This was the weekend of the course I mentioned a little while back; I now hold a Certificate in Foreshore and Underwater Archaeology!  I know, not a huge step on the road to a career reboot, but since I'm not in a position to go back to University for a couple of years, it's a good place to begin.  Added to which, it was a genuinely good course to do and most of the skills are transferrable to terrestrial archaeology too.  Score!

By the time it finished both yesterday and today, the blues were kind of hooking into me.  This is something I remember well from before I was married, and I guess was one of the reasons I spent a huge amount of time alone even then: after spending fun time with people, it made going back to it being just me feel kind of crappy.  Anyway, this evening I dealt with that in the usual way, meaning that after Mass I pulled on the Nikes and the iPod and got underway.  It worked as well as ever and I'm much more like myself now.

No skype this weekend: last night I crashed into bed at 9:30pm, and tomorrow I have a 9:00am meeting with a recruiter about a job opportunity managing a regional office of a firm.  Don't want to sleep in, which I've been doing a bit lately - largely because I'm pretty badly checked out of the current job.  You try to stay interested but at some point you know you're looking at the clock and thinking "come on 5pm".  Actually, also on the job front, I've just seen something on LinkedIn with another insurance firm in the city that's a good prospect.  I don't quite have a covering letter in me this evening but will shoot one off tomorrow.  I can't do worse than I've been doing: three knockbacks last week.

I guess that's enough for now.  I'll let you know how the discussions tomorrow go.  Hopefully they'll be despereate enough for someone willing to go bush that they won't ask why I've now jumped ship twice in two years.

Will keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Your last two paragraphs I know so well. I completely understand about looking at the clock going is it time yet?!?!?! Just remember looking for a new career is a long road. It will not be over night, but it will come. And for you to move twice in two years, not that big of a deal, If the employer asks you express I wanted experience to in _____ and my last employer gave me that. Don't be afraid to contact me if you need help!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete