Tuesday 5 March 2013

Update post

Hi everyone,

Not a lot of new news to share for today.  Another day of closing out files and doing handovers.  The highlight of the day was lunch being provided by the office in connection with a seminar on mediation tactics.  I'm going to miss the lunches at this job.  Although, I did kind of have too much, which is why this evening involved a long swim and longer walk to get the calorie consumption back in balance.  Still, I feel better for it.  Not for the usual reasons I feel better; this time it was really just because if you feel like life is sometimes a bit out of control (in this case, with a sense of drift), doing something just a touch unusual - like actually swimming - can be a reminder that you actually are in control, whether you realise it or not.

Which is why this evening I made a point of applying for a litigation job at an upper-mid tier firm I saw yesterday, for which I'd be well qualified.  God knows what Joni makes of me not having work lined up; I may need to outline just how freakin' dead the legal market is at the moment.  Hell, it actually made the pages of Lawyers Weekly just recently.  The jack-of-all-trades skillset life has given me isn't always useful, but I'm rather glad it's there at the moment: I may need it!  Added to which, I'm double-glad to be out of that stage where my whole identity is bound up with work.  I can think of a few people I know in the profession for whom being let go would represent the end of the universe.

Which says that I need to buckle down and get more writing done, since it's one skill I can call upon at the drop of a hat.  With that in mind, i was pleased to see this book that I'd ordered off www.betterworldbooks.com (for about 50c and free postage!) in the mailbox today -


So I guess that's it for the moment.  I have a few things lined up tomorrow - will update you all then.

Hope all is well.

See you then

No comments:

Post a Comment