Thursday 25 July 2013

What? An update?

Hi everyone,

Sorry I'm being such a bad blogger at the moment.  I'm getting to the evenings, and sometimes just have nothing to say,

Today, at any rate, dawned cold.  How cold?  This cold!


Anyway, with some good hot coffee in board I got to the office , although there was frost everywhere this morning.

The day itself was kind of frustrating.  I was trying to draft a briefing letter for an expert who has already prepared a couple of preliminary reports and exchanged a lot of correspondence with us.  Working out what materials he needed to have and what assumptions I should ask him to make was a mind numbing task, not made easier by repeatedly needing to stop to see some clients, go to a marketing committee meeting and go to a send off for some colleagues. At about 3:30pm my brain threw in the towel altogether and I rounded out the day preparing a case note on an Alabama decision that makes some reasonably quotable points about identifying an employment relationship - blogged here: http://emergingpolymath.wordpress.com/2013/07/25/smith-v-bp-america-inc-11th-cir-wilson-jordan-and-anderson-jj-5-july-2013-unreported/

I finished out the day with a 5 mile run around Victoria Park Lake and a phone call with oldest sister economist for her birthday.  I was able go get her on speakerphone for Mum and Dad and I think they really enjoyed that!

I guess that's everything for now.  More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment