Tuesday 18 February 2014

In Rerun

Hi everyone,

Typing this while a Family Guy rerun plays with mute on.  Not one of their more successful ones - Stewie meeting his future self.

A good day in lawyerland: working highly productively to the clock - not quite as well as I'd have liked, but better than I've been for ages.  Is it stupid that I still kind of love the days when I get it right?  Maybe.  Still, I seem to recall the story of a nonagenarian who, asked why he kept practising the cello, said "because I think I'm making progress".  Ancora imparo, indeed.

Law association drinks after work in honour of a judge and magistrate who are up here on circuit.  Predictably disappointing: everyone knew everyone else, so I lurked for about 45 minutes, had a couple of unsatisfying conversations, and then slipped away and went for a run.  Christ knows what I'm going to do if I'm out of work at mid-year: attempts to network up here have not been encouraging. Still, at least that patronising f*er from a rival firm didn't bail me up to ask me if I was looking to find a new wife, so that kind of counts as a win for the evening.

No other news save that more rain is expected in the next few days.  Thank God!

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment