Tuesday 18 October 2011

I can't think of a title

Another short post tonight - 5 mnutes or less!

Today's been a bit of an uphill battle.  In the morning the blue devils had their hooks (pitchforks?) into me for some reason - just worried about work, I guess.  Anyway, it was enough to throw me off my game and that slowed me down with the work I was trying to get through.  I felt kind of like one of those big old steam engines, only running with not enough oil.  Annoying, and messed up my plan for the day's work.  Added to which I got a terse letter from a plaintiff solicitor threatening to enter judgment if I didn't get a defence in pronto.  I was more than a little ashamed when my boss brought the said letter to me and asked if the defence had not been done, and I had to concede it hadn't.  Not a disaster by any means - God knows I've made far bigger mistakes than that - but it breaks little chips off what I like to think of as my confidence.  For some reason I couldn't or wouldn't bring the thought-altering techniques I've learned from SD to bear, so I just had to slug my way though it.  On the upside, slugging though the day did still get done a lot of what I needed to get done, and that always helps bring some perspective back, so I'm back to normal much more now.

Tomorrow I have a hearing on, and a bunch of case reviews, but God willing I'll not have to reschedule my appointment with SD again.  I'd like to get that process brought to a head.

OK, this is longer than I intended to write.  Bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment