Thursday 27 October 2011

Late night post

I'll try and keep this brief.  It's nearly 2am and I seriously need to go to bed.

It's actually been a pretty successful day in a number of respects.  For one thing, it was a fairly stressed day - a lot to do, and not a lot of time to do it in, largely because of some ill-judged decisions I'd made in the last few weeks as to prioritizing work.  On top of which, I had a number of case reviews with my boss, which is often a way to chip at one's pride.  Usually at some point through a day like this I'd be well into the up-and-down (mostly down) thing and by the end, would be hopelessly blue and wanting to give up.  But, I did manage to keep my head mostly and applied the things I've learned from the head-shrinker, and got through the day pretty well all things considered.

Mrs T had a work function late afternoon, so I was home looking after the munchkins.  She got home just on their bedtime, and not long after turned in herself - she's not feeling so good so some sleep will be good for her.  I had some dinner, cleaned the kitchen, made tomorrow's lunch and then fired up the computer to do some work on a few files I've brought home and also do a couple of move-related things.  Naturally, I managed to sabotage that part of the plan: First I found myself unable to get my fat stuid backside off the couch for about an hour watching some risible thing about the occult on the History Channel.  It being on the occult wasn't the problem, but I got annoyed by the appallingly simplistic coverage of the middle ages and Italian Renaissance: Frankly, the vision of the past it offered would have disgraced a first-year undergraduate.  Grrr.  Anyway, eventually I did get off the sofa and get down to business.  Firstly I checked some financial issues, and also looked for a second job I can do at the weekends after Mrs T and the munchkins fly out - as I think I said before: may as well make hay while the sun shines.  Unfortunately, there wasn't a lot I'm actually suited to in terms of hospitality or retail, never having worked in either.  And some of the other jobs I saw also didn't suit me, not least because I'm too fat and uncoordinated to be an exotic dancer.  Still, there were a couple of other things that presented - not especially glamourous jobs (leaflet delivering, some factory work) but frankly as long as they pay in Australian dollars I'm not going to be picky.

And, then working for about an hour and a half on a file.  

So, some progress on all fronts.  Tomorrow promises to be a clearing-house day at work which is something I need like crazy.

OK - Bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment