Monday 24 October 2011

Lunch Update

Updating at lunchtime?  This is getting way out of hand.  I'm keeping this to a couple of minutes.

It's been an up and down morning.  I got a proper night's sleep last night - just short of 8 hours - and felt a world better for it this morning when Mrs T and I were getting ready for work.  I found myself slipping on the drive to work: I found myself getting crashingly blue and the radio just began to frustrate me.  This may have had something to do with ABC-FM's decision to play Stravisky's "Ragtime" just a the point I found I was running late.  Genuine ragtime is music to lift the heart and please the ear.  This was not geuine ragtime.  This sounded more like an acidic parody of what Gershwin was able to do to jazz.

My own mood lifted quite a bit partway through the morning, when a windfall advantage one one of my files came into view courtesy of my opponent who needed a favour (long story).  And then, I found myself slipping backwards in mood as well, to the stage where I felt so stifled in my office I got out for and walk and some air at lunchhour.

So there we have it: Up - down - up - down - meh in the space of 6 hours.  Roller-coaster mood swings are surprisingly not as much fun as they sound!

No comments:

Post a Comment