Friday 28 October 2011

OK, well.

It's been an interesting day.  I had court in the morning, and was then able to focus on making today what I'd planned it to be viz a clean-house day, to get out the medical examiner briefing letters, the surveillance requests, and a couple of briefs I'd been ill-advisedly letting slide.  Pretty productive, and didn't succumb to the occasional temptation to jump into the blues.  Kind of pleased about that.

Some interesting news from Mrs T this evening.  Basically, it turns out that she can't take her retirement fund with her when she moves for various reasons (long story - basically, as long as she can move back here and work, she can't withdraw it) which does throw our financial planning out of whack a bit.  We had a good chat about it, and the bottom line is I'll likely be stuck out here for a bit longer to make good the loss.  This sucks, and it means that the second job I talked about before will become a real necessity.  I am pleased, though, that I didn't let that whole fiscal shame thing get its hooks into me, and I could just think, well, how are we going to solve this?  Another thing that I reminded myself of was of the much longer separations other people have to endure.  I thought of Ralph Clark, a young lieutenant of marines in the first settlement out here, who was away from a wife and young son he clearly adored for a full 5 years.  God willing I won't be out here that long!

I do hope Mrs T, for all of this, doesn't regret coming here.  In a lot of ways, I guess we should have just settled in America right at the start.  I guess God will  make the meaning of all this clear in time.

OK, the girls seem to be asleep.  Time for dinner and a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment