Thursday 26 January 2012

Australia Day

Hi everyone,

Well, that was Australia Day!  I attended to a few things at the sharehouse in the morning and then headed in to the office to catch up on the jobs from the week I hadn't done.  The first thing that presented itself was actually the delay of the birthday box in Anchorage.  In essence, Joni had been onto Fedex in the US, who'd advised that an invoice was required and also a "Form 3299" was needed.  The latter I'd already done, but we can't get a consistent answer on whether she has to fill it in or whether I do.  The invoice was readily tackled.  Anyway, I've emailed what I think are the right documents to Fedex and hopefully that will get it sorted.  If it doesn't, and they send the box back, I will be f****ng livid.  I'll check before I log off tonight and see if there's any progress.  It did feel good to bounce emails with Joni about it.  I dunno, as if something had turned a corner.  I'll assume we're still in the breathing space zone untill I'm told different, but I just kind of felt like if we were in the same geographical place, I'd be spending my weekend building a white picket fence.  Maybe I'm imagining it; still, it's a hopeful feeling and that's good enough for me.

By the time it got to 6pm I was figuring out when to head back here, and so I checked when the fireworks for Australia Day were on.  Turned out they were starting from 9:15pm, and one of the launch platforms was the Eureka Tower which can be seen from my building.  So, I stopped long enough to watch the fireworks (whence the photos).  Well worth it - I love fireworks!!

I trammed it back here and watched a little of "Resident Evil: Apocalypse" on Go (but had a hard time figuring out if it was horror, action or - possibly unintentional - comedy) before having a shave and a shower and turning on the laptop.  So, not an exciting day, but it was pretty productive and if it's resulted in the fedex issue being sorted, I'd even say it was stirling.

OK: Time to turn in.  Tomorrow is Friday.  No plans for the weekend but I have a bit of a yen to head to Flinders, maybe on the Saturday evening.  We'll see.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment