Tuesday 10 January 2012

Thoughtful Tuesday

This might be a quick post, before my phone battery dies.

It‘s been a thorough day at work. I spent most of the morning on a letter of advice in a somewhat involved matter. All the while I had this feeling at the back if my head that the matter was simpler than I was making it, but I couldn‘t quite spot the “straightforward solution“ button, so I just pressed on and did it in the usual way, I think quite artfully.

The afternoon was a bit piecemeal - bits of work on files in between case reviews. The reviews themselves went ok - I‘d prepared well. I was more pleased, though, about how I presented in them: often I get quite tongue-tied. It‘s like my mouth tries to say all the words at once, and so I have to slow down and try to say each word one by one. This makes me sound like I‘ve had a stroke and just isn‘t the impression I want to create. Today I found that I still had to say “try that again“ a few times, but it WAS better than usual, so I‘m going to try to speak more slowly tomorrow and encourage this development.

I‘m on the tram at the moment, on the way back to the sharehouse. My plan for the evening is to finish making a tomato tuna risotto (yes, it‘s my own invention) and watch the replay of the LSU-Alabama game. I know Joni would have had the girls in their little cheerleader outfits today, and I wish I could gave been there to be part of the fun with her family. Next year, I guess.

Ok, it‘s near my stop. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment