Sunday 22 January 2012

Sunday Evening

Hi everyone,

So, here it is, Sunday evening, and I'm blogging while I have a quick drink before having a shave and shower and go to bed.  While I was at the State Library yesterday I utilised their web connection to update my podcasts and see what else might be on iTunes.  This lead me to a shitload of new podcasts including (joy of joys!), the StarStuff program!!!  Sorry; I'm an absolute sucker for space science.  So, that's what's on the iPod player as I type this.

It's bee a quiet day.  I did a load of laundry in the morning and then walked to Little Collins Street to get some photos of the girls printed at the Officeworks on the corner of Elizabeth and Little Collins Street.  Up to date photos of my little angels are now framed at my office and also on a stickyboard at my room at the sharehouse.  Sigh: They're so pretty, and so sweet.  I'm so proud they're my daughters.  They're just ... perfect.  Maybe people don't believe it, but I look at my little family and I just feel ... incredible.  Like I discovered the best thing in the world and I get to be part of it.  I've been incredibly blessed.

After getting the photos made up I walked to the office and got caught up on some jobs from last week I didn't have time to do.  This took me to about 7pm, and then I went to the Coles on Spencer Street for a few groceries and then trammed back here.  Incidentally, going to the market last weekend has proved to be a stroke of genius: I did a quick inventory tonight and calculated that the accrued cooking of last week has taken care of dinner for the next 10 days - so, it will have gone for 2.5 weeks when all is said and done.  Yay me!

Did I mention that I retired a few books off my shelves?  I'm not sure.  The thing is, it occurred to me that the brain is only as good as what one puts into it.  And it occurred to me that if what I chiefly put into my brain concerns death, punishment, crime, cruelty and the like, then that's the road my brain will always have a tendency to take.  So, I've taken some of the books of my shelves and put then with my other stored junk - the books giving details of inmates executed in Texas since the 1970s, also the Hangmans Diary and books on Nazi scientists and Keli Lane among others.  I've had enough of macabre.  Which is also why I'm barely bothering to read the newspapers these days:  The Age has it's whiny, impotent, cynical and contemptuous voice; the Herald Sun has it's scornful, bitter, arrogant and unforgiving voice.  If that's what you read a lot, that's how you'll think, and how you'll act.  Screw that: I don't need to habituate myself to all that reflexive negativity.  Two fingers to the lot of them.

Facebook tells me Joni had a job interview in recent times.  I guess it was in the breathing period time which would be why she didn't mention it.  Hope it went well for her.  I wish I'd made more of a point of telling her how proud I am of her, how much I just about boasted of her to other people.  Hope it went well for her.

(insert break for me to have a shave and shower and do the 'going to bed' things ... will leave this open and finish when I'm back in the room)

Back again, and now squeaky clean.

well, it turns out I don't have any further brilliant insights to add, so I'll fire up the aircard and post this and turn in.  Bed feels good already!

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment