Tuesday 7 August 2012

Another post from yesterday...

Hi everyone,

This is another post from yesterday...

Hi everyone,

Hope all is well.  It's been a hectic day here.  Getting on top of a file this morning and then cranking out a defence in a matter where I think we have a sniff of winning.  I should have prepared the chronology on it as well, but I've spent such a lot of the last two weeks ploughing though files that I just didn't have it in me to do another one today.  So I spent the afternoon catching up on my incoming mail (I'm doing really well at not letting backlogs build up - much - I should say; pleased with that!)

I heard back from the person in Maine over the letter I had published there recently.  It looks like there might be a chance for me to help to some degree with the 200th anniversary commemmorations of the occupation of Maine, by providing research on the 102nd Regiment of Foot.  Which seems like a win-win-win: they can utilise the research and documents I can find, I should be able to draft up an article, probably with a social history bent, from it, and it would also dovetail with the more academic work in 'foreign-ness' I'm looking into at the moment.  Everybody wins.  So, I'll scope out what sorts of archival material can be had without having to go to London (or Toronto, or Washington), and see what can be done.  Looks promising, indeed.

OK, I guess that's all I have.  I'm sorry I'm not more exciting at the moment.  Like is kind of a cycle of work, research and writing.  It's great, though, that the writing is already bearing fruit.  Very pleased.

OK, I'll see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment