Saturday 4 August 2012

Apologies and Pitchforks

Hi everyone,

Not sure how much of an entry this‘ll be. I‘m typing it at a tram stop on a cool evening after a day in a university library.

The library in question was the Melbourne Uni law library, doing research for the paper I mentioned the other day - the one that might be suitable for the William & Mary Quarterly if I can pull it off.  Heading back to my dugs shivering after a day of research. Oh the memories.

I wanted to say a mea culpa for being a pretty shitful blogger lately. I‘ve been finding it difficult to post is the truth. This last week or so the blue devils have kind of been on the offensive. The good mews is they‘re not gaving anything like the impact they used to. The bad news is the little bastards aren‘t giving me much against which to fight back. That is, I can‘t find what‘s brought this on. It‘s not work: at the moment work is the least stressful bit of my life(!). And I‘ve got my writing to fill in the gap in my life where Joni and Grace and Rachel should be. And I‘ve even acquired a couple of great new friends through the blogosphere. But nonetheless, by way of example, last night I went to the opera with some friends, but really struggled to shake off the unpleasant ‘scattered‘ feeling, at least for the first two Acts, and I snatched a little alone time at the interval under pretext of getting programs. Thank God I‘d gone with The Marriage of Figaro rather than (say) Gotterdamerung. Watching Wagner in that state of mind would make anyone feel several orders of magnitude worse. And who doesn‘t find life gets better with a little Mozart?

Ok. Now that I‘m off the tram I should go get groceries. And I should add that there‘s some cool stuff in my future coming up as well.  For one thing, a skype date this evening. And for another, the next Mars mission makes planetfall in a few days, which promises a fair degree of awesomeness too.

See you shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment