Sunday 5 August 2012

Yesterday's post

Hi everyone,

This was the post from yesterday I wasn't able to put up last night -

Hi everyone,

It's been a quiet day here.  I did a couple of loads of laundry in the morning, and drafted up an email to a person I heard from in Pennsylvania about that piece I had published on Camp Security - the Revolutionary War site - a little while back.  I might be able to help out with a few bits of research for them,  especially as to inmates who may have wound up out here.

I tried going in to the office, but I was really kind of struggling to focus for more than a few minutes at a time.  My head just didn't feel great, kind of like yesterday.  Anyway, towards 5pm I decided I had to do something to sort these blue devils out.  Since running usually does the trick, I decided that - cold weather or not - my knees were just going to have to take one for the team.  I figured that God would understand me skipping Mass for this purpose.  So, I came back here and strapped on my runners and ran up to St Mary's and back.  A good run, considering I haven't been for about a month.  And I did feel pretty good afterwards, although as I sit here now I can still sense the little blue bastards on the edge of my brain.  More running tomorrow, I guess.

I made up dinner out of meat and mashed sweet potato, which I haven't tried before but which was delicious.  Made my sandwiches and ironed my shirts for the week, and listened to a couple of astronomy podcasts.  And now blogging and soon bed.  Also, I heard from a person in Maine subsequent to the letter I had printed up there, asking if I had any information re the New South Wales Corps or 102nd Regiment (uniforms, for example) which might be useful for their own commemmorations in 2014.  I don't have a lot of extra information to share, but I do know a couple of people who probably do know about that sort of thing, so I'll see what I can do. 

OK, I guess that's enough for now.  Hope all your days are going well.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment