Monday 6 August 2012

Monday update

Hi everyone,

It's been a patchy kind of day.  Workwise, not great.  Or at least not exciting.  Nearly all of the day was spent ploughing through about 1300 pages of medical records for a claim which I predict we'll lose, but where we do have some bombs to throw.

Head a bit clearer today.  Legs sore from yesterday's run.

Left work about 7:30pm after some housekeeping things.  Mulled over the essay on neoconfederate thinking and Millennialism that I've been rolling around in my head.  I'm getting unenthusiastic about the project.  It's only just enough in the past to constitute a fit subject for history, and it tends to take me into territory involving the militia movement and white supremacist thinking.  I don't mean to self-dramatise myself - I don't think that there's significant risk - but if the essay were published, there's a chance of arousing the ire of some fairly nasty folks.  Is that a risk I feel like running just for the sake of racking up a publication?  I'm not sure it is.  If anyone has an opinion, let me know.

Good news in the Curiosity mission touching down on Mars safely.  Hurray!  I know it's stupid, but this sort of thing is endlessly fascinating.  And in the age of the Internet, one can have updates from the mission almost in real time, rather than waiting for it to be used as filler on the news or a Reuters report in the paper.  What a marvellous modern age we live in!

OK, I guess that's all I've got.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment