Monday 13 August 2012

Monday - shortish update

Hi everyone,

For my sins, I kind of let the evening get away from me, so this post is shorter than it ought to be.

Day was filled with files, but not as productive as I‘d have liked. Had lunch at the Metropolitan with Chris and Andrea from the old old job; also Lana who was my secretary many moons ago. Very good lunch and great to catch up.

After work went to a semi ar organized by the Catholic Lawyers Association at Newman College at Melbourne Uni (beautiful architecture, I should add). Speaker was Robert Gregory from NY University, speaking on the natural law, kind of a fascination of mine. Took extensive notes; very good talk.

Called Dad and caught up on way back to Casa. Also had a long GoogleTalk with Kate this evening. Great to catch up with them.

Still pondering the implications of the Julian Knight matter. I find it more than a little troubling, especially because it seems to play out like a toytown version of part of the French Revolution, with Premier Bailieu playing the part of Georges Danton and raising forces he doesn‘t really understand, still less know how to control. Qu‘est-ce que le deuxieme etat?  What indeed.

Ok, time to sleep.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment