Thursday 6 December 2012

Recharging

Hi everyone,

Here I am in my office at about 6:30pm.  I'm trying to muster the energy to crank out another brief and court book, and I'm honestly not sure where the aforesaid energy is going to come from.

Today was a haze of settling advices, finalising the brief and court book I was doing last night, and dealing with a bundle of incoming phone calls and emails as well as getting dropped by no less than FOUR barristers for tomorrow's hearing..  I noticed something odd though: you remember how the Blood Bank said ther other week that my heart rate seemed potentially too low for me to donate?  Well, despite the blister pace that today involved, I don't think I came close to getting agitated at all.  That is, my physiological responses all remained much the same as if I'd been chilled out in front of, say, South Park.  Interesting.

The last few days have left me with an office that looks like a barbarian set out to ravage and then thought "Actually, it doesn't need anything further".

Tomorrow evening will be interesting - the office's Christmas function is on.  Last year I really struggled at the old job's function and teetered on a right royal meltdown.  Not because I'd been hitting the grog (which was probably just as well) but my head was in kind of a messed up place.  Anyway, it'll be an interesting experience: I'm never going to be Captain Life-of-the-Party, but I'll be interested to see how I go.  If it becomes a strain, I'll promise myself a big-ass lamb kebab and/or Starbucks on the way back to the casa (which in hindsight is what I should have done last year).  My mission is otherwise not to get smashed and to avoid any Career Limiting Moves.  Unlike this guy -

OK, my brain is feeling somewhat recharged.  I'll attend to the next part of this job and then pull then pin, I think.  Tomorrow will not be straightforward so I think this is a proper night to have some actual downtime.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment