Saturday 1 December 2012

The day so far, and the glimmering of an Advent plan

Hi everyone,

Another quick post to allow my tiny brain to switch gears between advices.  I'm getting on top of the backlog, which is great.  I have 3 more to do, which will take me into tomorrow.  After that my next job will be getting responses, briefs and court books out (not difficult but very tedious).  Oh, and did I mention that I have 4 matters fixed for trial between here and the end of the year?  Pass me the coffee!

Today has been office oriented.  I slept later than I wanted to, as at about midnight I got a Facebook message from an old friend who's been in a bit of a jam and needed a bit of an e-hug.  So, it was about 2am (again) when I closed my eyes.  I got out for a run when I got back to the casa last night - about 4 miles to Sydney Road and back.  Managed it in 33 minutes - suddenly my times are picking up!  Unfortunately I was conversationally prevented from having dinner last night.  It happened this way...  A fellow in his late 50s has recently moved into the sharehouse, and boy does he like to talk ... and talk ... and talk ...  When I got back to the Casa at about 9:20pm last night he was talking steadily to Amrit (a long-term housemate, originally from India, who seems to spend entire weekends watching Seinfeld and Everybody Loves Raymond and the Real Estate Channel on Foxtel - which grieved me this moring when ESPN was carrying the Georgia-Alabama SEC Championship game!!).  When I say he was talking, I don't exactly mean carrying on a conversation; that would imply that the other person could get a word in edgeways, which Amrit couldn't.  Anyway, when I got back from my run, this guy was still talking, and still talking when I hit the shower, and when I got out, and when I stuck my head out of my door at about midnight.  I didn't want to get sucked down into the conversational vortex for fear of winding up like Odysseus with Calypso, so in the end I said screw it and went to bed on an empty stomach.  This is why I should keep survival rations in my room!


Anyway, after I post this, the plan is to crank out another advice and to process the 30 or so work emails from Friday (no, I'm not whining, my usual email tally is about 30+ a day; to avoid distractions, I usually answer them all at the end of the day rather than as they come in, unless they're very very urgent), and then get to 6pm Mass at St Francis'.

I've been finding it too easy to give Mass a big miss lately, so something I'll do this advent make a point of going every Sunday, and to a weekday service as well, if I can.  I'm tinkering with the idea of weekly(?) confession as well.  Hmmm.  Also, I should send an email to the peeps and see if any of them would like to make a date to do Midnight Mass at the Cathedral and have dinner afterwards.  Granted, I'm the only one who's actually Catholic, but St Patrick's is worth seeing for the architecture alone.


Oh, and second-oldest sister's Christmas present has now been settled on.  Seriously, it has her written all over it, and it's genuinely awesome!!!  Double pleased.

OK, back to work.

More later.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for joining our Bloggers for Christmas linky party!
    Happy Christmastime!

    http://lifeoflt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete