Tuesday 19 February 2013

A morning tram post

Hi everyone,

Posting this from the tram on Wednesday morning. Sorry I've been such a bad blogger lately. To the extent that I have an excuse, it's been a pure issue of time.  I'm trying to stay focussed at work, with limited success, and my time after work is very much dominated by the whole getting healthy thing and by the coursera courses I'm doing.

The hunt for work is kind of going nowhere. I'd be more depressed about it if I didn't know that of the five Comcare and abestos litigation lawyers in my department who've been made redundant, only one has found a job.  Which is why I don't feel as guilty as I otherwise would about putting energies into reskilling through coursera: finding a new position, either here or in the US, will need some new thinking and some new selling points.  Lord forbid that life should be boring!

Last night and yesterday have been much cooler than the preceding week of 30C/90F temperatures. Last night was the best night's sleep I've had in ages.

Catching up with Andrea, one of the secretaries from the old old job for a few drinks tonight. She's engaged now; really hope it works out for her. Drinks have been prompted by her being in Brunswick for a week due to home repairs.

Almost my stop. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment