Friday 30 November 2012

In which I eat curry.

Hi everyone,

Quick post in between finishing one advice and starting the next.  I'm here at the office on Saturday again.  How I love the leadup to the end of the year!

Things have been good since the last post.  I had a case conference in a matter involving 3 other firms yesterday where I think I acquitted myself adequately.  It was a warm day again yesterday, so to be honest, the best thing about the conference was that to get there I had to go past my favourite hole-in-the-wall smoothie place - the Healthy Az Juice Bar on Healeys Lane, just out the back of the old old job.  If you're in the neighbourhood, I recommend the bananna and date smoothie.

Yesterday was - you guessed it, drafting another couple of advices, plus a case review with one of the bosses.  Not so productive; just, well, f***ed up again.  Sigh.  I came back to my desk and began googling "history jobs Louisiana" and "archaeology jobs Louisiana" and thinking "I have a first class brain ... how in smeg do I always manage to be a square peg in a round hole?".  At just the right juncture I had an email from Joni telling me the girls were much better and had loved the little piglets I sent them, so that was great and put me back on top.

After work drinks this month were Indian themed - hellloooo beef curry and butter chicken!  Thoroughly enjoyed it indeed.  Bought some Christmas cards and other odds and ends on the way back to the casa so I'll find some time this weekend to send some cards out as well.

Hope your weekends are starting out well.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment