Monday 6 July 2015

Gold and yellow

Hi everyone,

Not sure what to make of today.

The day started cold (again) and the drive to work was accompanied by the radio reading the entrails of the Greek referendum.  The day itself was rather tiresome: some fiddly issues with a bill and a degree of boredom with not much to do.  I sent an email to the other 6 members of the legal unit offering to lend a hand, which earned me a reprimand from my boss along the lines that I should have asked him first if I was short of work.  Within the privacy of my skull I reminded myself how much I need this job.


I left work a fraction early to see the doctor in Shepparton, which went well, and then went to the blood bank for another plasma donation.  These are the bits of my life that I live for: I do very little that's of value, if I'm honest with myself, but this is something where I really feel like I'm doing something good.


Besides: the 45 minutes or so of the procedure gave me enough time to go through the more useful bits of a recent copy of the Tort, Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal. 


I came back to the farm and had just finished dinner when my pager went off. A car had crashed into a bottle shop in town.  Back in the car, and back to town went I.  It seemed that the fellow had gone be off the road, clipped a column and then hit the wall.  


The car had been removed by the time I got there but I can't imagine it was in good order post collision


We didn't have a great deal to do except mind the scene and stop any wise guy giving the now-unsafe column a shove to see what would happen.  We did this till the temporary fencing contractor lobbed up and we could all go home.  I think the most useful thing I did all evening was nip down to McDonalds and get us all coffee!

Not much more to note. Will drive to Melbourne tomorrow night and stay in town: i have training in the city the next day. More updates from there I guess.

Have a great start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment