Wednesday 1 July 2015

A brace of coffee mugs

Hi everyone,

It's been a quiet day today.  As with the last few days, it was an effort to get out of a warm bed and face the day.  When I got on the road for work the Weather Channel was saying it was 5°C.  I say the Weather Channel speaks with forked tongue!


Certainly it wasn't a day for speeding to work: the drive from here to there has a lot of crossroads and 90° bends and trees and there was a lot of thick fog.  At least one person came to grief: on the far side of a t-intersection I saw a smashed fence and a tow-truck in someone's paddock!


The day, as I said, was quiet: just me and the boss, as everyone else in the Legal Unit was either in leave or on a course.  It gave me an A-grade chance to catch up on work.

At lunch hour I went out to get the newspaper and stopped in at the opp shop.  I've been wanting to get a couple of mugs so I'll drink more tea at work.  Somehow tea always tastes funny when it's in a thermal mug (I guess because you can never get the water/milk ratio quite right).  Anyway, I have an oddish fondness for corporate mugs - ones that advertise a business or something.  I guess I just like the idea of them having a story, so to speak.  Anyway, I was able to buy two for the princely sum of 50¢ each:

Front side 

Reverse side

For a further $2 I also picked up a rather nice hardbacked notebook that I'd like to use for a particular project I'll (probably) talk more about in coming days once I've hammered a few details of the plan out.


Not much else to discuss on the day.  I see there's go be a bill on same-sex marriage.  This saddens me a bit. For one thing, it means a couple of months of inane media chatter that will mainly be scornful, patronising, ill-informed or simplistic (sometimes all four).  More seriously, I've tried to avoid making a decision about supporting it or not because I see no intellectually clear or morally satisfying answer clearly supporting either camp.  Certainly I know that saying 'no' would cost me a few friendships.  More on that in another post sometime maybe.

No more for now.  Tonight is less bitterly cold than recently.  Even a little rain before. Please God send more.

More news tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. With that cold weather, you'll need to fill those mugs with a warm drink every chance you get!

    ReplyDelete