Tuesday 18 June 2013

Adventures in Los Angeles: About a sandwich

The day after star spotting my plans were helped along by my good friend Lulu, an LA native.  Lulu blogs over at Life with Lulu (although she needs to update her blog) (koff, koff).  She recommended trying the Farmers Market and Grove Mall on Fairfax Avenue, down from Santa Monica Boulevard.





I was able to get to Fairfax on the same buses as yesterday, and then walked the last mile and a half or so.  It's another LA must see: there are a couple of stores for the big chains (Barnes & Noble; Abercrombie & Fitch), gathered around a central plaza which attracts performers.

 
Further up are dancing fountains -


To the side is a food court selling everything from grilled shrimp to sweets.  After exploring for a bit I settled on lunch from Magees.


I ordered the 'reuben', a thick toasted sandwich of corned beef with Swiss cheese and sauerkraut.  So. Mouthwateringly.  Good.


I followed this with homemade cookies and cream ice desk from Bennetts which was precisely the thing to follow the salty lunch with. 






Lunch attended to, I went and got the girls a couple of REALLY good gifts and then went back to the Hotel.  You won't be surprised that I went to the beach to run and swim one more time.  I'm gonna miss the Pacific Ocean!

I was having a MAJOR fruit craving, so I went back by way of a grocery store and picked up 2 avocados, 3 nectarines and 3 peaches, as well as some Dr Pepper.  Packed my stuff up and booked a cab go the airport while watching a few episodes of "Hoarders".  Bed at about 2am.

No comments:

Post a Comment