Monday 24 June 2013

In the city of Jazz: The house of catfish

Hi everyone,

It was a great evening for a dinner with the girls. I got a little lost on the way there (the gps took a little getting used to) and was 30 minutes late. One of Joni's good friends, P, had come g with her husband, and it was nice to catch up with them.

As soon as I came in Grace began chanting "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy, Faddy ...". She loves me! Rachel was a little quieter and cuddly with Joni. Joni had ordered their dinners already (catfish and fries for Rachel, who focussed on the fries) and shrimp and fries for Grace, who just about cleaned her plate. Each of the adults went with the Catfish as well.

After dinner we tool the girls out so I could get a photo with them in front of Spahrs' big catfish. There was a little 3' alligator lurking in the water at the back of the restaurant, and the girls were fascinated by it. Grace was convinced it was friendly! So lovesome.

I brought with them the gifts of the American Girl dolls I bought in LA, and they were a HUGE hit. The girls were thrilled! I gave Joni a pack of caramel timtams, and the girls also a small toy duck and a dinosaur model.

I got kisses and "love you too" from them and came back here. Watched some of the college baseball. Reading and blogging now. Definitely time to sleep.

1 comment: