Tuesday 11 June 2013

Airport post

Hi everyone,

Here I am at Gate 6, Melbourne Airport.

Sorry for the dearth of posts lately.  To recap, I've been at Flinders with Dad the last few days. I'm now on my way to see the girls in Louisiana, by way of stops in Los Angeles and Texas.

I'm looking forward to seeing and holding Grace and Rachel like you can't believe. And in a way, I'm hoping the trip will elucidate my own future direction.  I said a few posts ago that I didn't think my destiny was to finish my days as a humble solicitor in the Goulburn Valley. I still think that's the case, although of course, in addition to destiny there is effort (when you think about it, destiny WITHOUT effort is basically wishful thinking on PCP). I'm hoping this trip will help me shed light on the direction in which I should bend my efforts.

I'm hoping to focus my energies to write a bit while I'm on the plane. I'm not sure I'll be able to say anything novel about Los Angeles or Dallas, but who knows?  I'm unwilling to write about my divorce situation  given the state of play, although I think by now I know New Orleans and Louisiana well enough to say something interesting.

Ok, I just had my boarding call. I'll try to post something more from Sydney or as occasion permits.

More shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment