Tuesday 18 September 2012

Another linkup ... this time it's food

I'm not sure if I'm doing this whole linkup thing right, but since I just did a bit of a blog overhaul I'd like to show it off.  So, I'm linking up with Austin Family Diary to talk about food.  Sort of.

And yes, I'm aware that doing this makes me look slightly freaking stupid.
 
But I don't care what anyone thinks.

So there.

Now, food:


Avocado
 
God made avocado to show how good everything can be made to taste.  Slather it on toast ... Dice it up with chicken.  Combine it with ham and melted cheese and take a trip to culinary heaven. They even have their own theme park.


Cheese corn chips
You know you want 'em.  One smell of the powdered cheese and saturated fats and any normal human being looks like an addict dreaming of white powder.  when you feel good about life, they're up there with you.  When you feel lower than whaleshit, they'll hand around and keep you company.
 


Smothered Hamburgers
 
Something Joni would cook, and which I've learned to do as well.  In my case, they're ideal given the somewhat iffy cooking arrangements in the sharehouse.  Just hamburgers, your select vegetables (I recommend bell peppers, turnips and carrots), some oil and your personal preference in spices (in my case, a bit of everything).  Remember to be generous with the soy sauce - it draws all the other flavours together.
 


Toast
 
We've all been there.  It's Saturday morning, you've got one tea bag left and a couple of slices of bread that are past their prime.  What do you do?  You pick off any visible mould and toast them (the heat will kill any surviving bacteria, right).   In the sharehouse I'm a teensy but wary of the toaster because, and I've explained previously in these pages, I'm pretty sure it's a Cylon), but if it's a choice between that and ergot poisoning, I'll use the toaster.
 
 
 

Sandwiches
I named my blog after them for a reason!  Imagine it: fresh bread, Virginia ham, a fresh Roma tomato, lettuce, Jarlsberg cheese, some seeded mustard, a sprinkle of Tonys seasoning and a spread of mayonnaise.  The most comforting lunch (or dinner, or whenever) imaginable.  The noble sandwich doesn't care if you're a good person or a bad person, a king or a crim.  It just wants to make your day a little bit better.
 
   

See you tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. mm I could go for a nice big meaty sandwich right now! should of ate breakfast first before I started reading all these link ups lol
    visiting from adayinthelifeofmektt.blogspot.com , come say hi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swinging by your blog about now KT - thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for linking up! Yep I am totally in love with sandwiches! You just took me to sandwich heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do what I can - the trouble was, after I described the sandwich above, all I could think was "is the supermarket still open at this hour of the night?".

      Delete
  3. I totally forgot to do Avacado...it's like my FAV how did I miss it? hahaha. newest follower from the link up on the YOU challenge! good choices on food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for the follow Whitney - about to scoot on over to your blog and check out your food choices!

      Delete
  4. never underestimate the power of toast! haha love it!

    great post!

    Come say hi @ www.coralscountry.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Coral! It only occurred to me afterwards that there's one thing that makes old toast a little more lively: a slice of cheese on it, with the whole thing then left to sit over the still-warm grates of the toaster for a few minutes. Mmmm, cholesterol!

      Delete
  5. Toast! Best food ever. No one ever understands me when I say I'll just have toast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True dat! All it needs is a little butter ... or margarine ... or olive oil and salt if that can be had!

      Delete