Wednesday 19 September 2012

Heavy on the schmooze

Hi everyone,

Long day.  And instead of doing something sensible and going to bed, I've sat here eating pecans and drinking water (nothing symbolic, it was just what was to hand), browsing the web and generally procrastinating.


As I said, a long day.  I was up early to scurry to the office and pull the last strands of some court documents together, then back across the CBD for a continuing legal education seminar from 8-9am, then back across the CBD to the office again to finish the aforesaid court documents and have a fairly unproductive conversation with a barrister about certain submissions he wished us to agree to and with which I do not agree because they kind of involve giving up our defence.  Then, off to court for an hour, then back to the office, prepare for a couple of file reviews, and then  to head out to catch up at lunch hour for coffee with a service provider who's keen for us to use his firm a lot.  Fortunately, I have some work I can throw his way right now that needs quick turnaround.  Awesome stuff - he gets the work and to show how well his team operates, I get the reports I need prepared pronto, everybody wins!

More file prep after lunch, followed by attending a new barristers meet-and-greet from 4:30pm-7pm.  I've added a few useful contacts to my list, and also managed to get my own business card out there a bit too.  All in all, a successful schmooze.


I came back to the sharehouse shortly after leaving the meet-and-greet and spent some time turning my brain off, which essentially meant a fairly basic dinner and some Futurama.


One of my bosses is on leave for a couple of weeks from tomorrow.  He's a terribly nice fellow, so I hope he has a good trip.  He's earned it: one of the partners in our section has been on long service leave for a month now, and the other has been running at about half power due to some personal stuff, so he's had to carry a lot of the administrative work in addition to his own practice.

OK, I think I've blithered enough and pasted enough semi-relevant pictures up.  Bedtime

I almost forgot -  a big hello to the new readers: many thanks for the follows!

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment