Tuesday 8 January 2013

A linkup? Don't mind if I do!

Hi everyone,

How're your days going?  Things here on Planet Sandwich are still in the pacing stage of getting back into the work groove.  A bit better today; I should be back up to full power by Thursday.

The day itself hasn't furnished a lot to write about: I was at work earlyish (about 7:50am), left about 6:30pm, went for a run when I got back here and re-read a Hayden White essay over dinner.  I must say I'm coming to learn the value of historical theory for thinking about the past far more than I ever did when I was a student.

Anyway, since my day isn't a source of material, I'm taking part in a linkup with some bloggy pals for Tuesday Topics...

The Austin Family Diary
This week: nine blogs I read

  Life with Lulu
This nice person used to blog elsewhere until she acquired a stalker (no, it wasn't me) and had to set up a new blog.  She was the first actual follower my blog had and has since become a great friend too.  Her new blog's been a bit quiet lately but hopefully some more traffic will encourage her!



Figuring Out The Plot

One of my favourite blogs.  Covers all the good stuff - college football, legal practice, farming, and very often, a very acute grasp of the meaning of things.  I can't recommend this one highly enough.

3.  Home in New England





A photography blog from (somewhat obviously) New England.  This is one of the places I direct my web browser to at work when my stress levels are getting towards the "trying to defuse Chernobyl while fighting off a swarm of bees level".  Pure visual relaxation.




4.  Heirlooms Reunited


My Photo

Once you catch the history bug, there's really no way of losing that fascination with old photographs and old documents, even when you have almost no reference points to work from.  This blog is run by Pam from Maine and puts up a a new photo or document almost every day.  It's really worth a look.




5.  Everyday Enchanted


Meet Cori.  She's fun!  She's sweet!  She hates Alabama!  (the football team, rather than the entire State).  Her blog is a straighforward chronicle of her life and after a while you start feeling like you've been friends forever.




6.  Nebraska Prairie Girl


Double L Country Store



Life in western Nebraska is (a) cold a lot and (b) bloody funny.  The current story involves hunting coyotes in the snow and reads like something the Marx Brothers would have done to Margaret Dumont.




7.  Heartland Girl





An underappreciated (at least, underfollowed) blog from Oklahoma.  Again, a chronicle of her life - she's definitely the sort of person you hope will be somewhere in your extended family somewhere.




8.  This Girl is ...


... well worth reading.

this girl is anratliff It's a chronicle of life blog from a nice person from Indiana who (to quote Ali G) has a black belt in d' art of keepin' it real.  She's currently looking for a job, by the way - anyone able to help her out?




9.  Life With Joys

life with joys

Reflections on family life from Houston.  Always insightful, always very humane, and always very worth reading.





Hope this is giving you something more appealing to read than my daily ramblings!


See you tomorrow.

2 comments: