Wednesday 30 January 2013

No cute title tonight, I'm afraid

Hi everyone,

A shorter post tonight, I'm afraid.  It's after midnight and I'm overdue for bed.

I've been on the compute the last couple of hours trying to track down jobs.  Disheartening is the word.  Looking at all the employment websites yielded almost nothing I'm even remotely qualified to do.  Even in my field of personal injury practice where my name is mud, there were only 9 ads to be found, and most of those were from recruiters which means there may or may not be a job attached to them.  I'd go back to my recruiter who got me this job but I have no idea how to explain that I'm now dreadfully unhappy in a role I was enjoying immensely when I saw him back in December.  To get back into workers comp I really need to drop out of sight for a while.

As long as I have enough cash to support the girls, of course, anything else is a bonus.  Still, it's very slim pickings at the moment.

The day wasn't a whole bunch better.  More examples of my own incompetence are coming to light every day and I know that the internal discussions in the firm will be "Stephen was a disastrous hire...".  I'm more than a little worried they'll conclude I'm a pure liability and cut my 8 weeks grace period off early.  I can only describe that prospect as "hitting rock bottom and starting to dig".

Well, no point giving up.  As I said before, as long as my feet keep hitting the floor in the morning, I can make things get better.

OK, I guess that's the update.  Hope all is well with yourselves!

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment