Saturday 5 January 2013

Run Forrest, Run!

Hi everyone,

How are things?  I'm posting this from my phone tonight, so I'll likely update it tomorrow with some photos and the like.

Last night the mercury didn't fall below about 90°F untill a cool chsnge went through about 5am. B-L-I-S-S!

In the morning I headed out and picked all the ripe or semi-ripe apricots on the tree for stewing. Lordy but I love an apricot!

There's a load if hay coming to the Shepparton property tomorrow or Monday, so he went up to supervise unloading and stacking. As he'll likely be there till Monday, I've stayed here as I go back to work Monday. 

Dad being away left me with not a lot of work to do, and the prospect of a lot of awkward silence with mum for reasons I won't go into tonight takes some explaining). So, I spent a big chunk of the afternoon writing that article on rural history and then went for a run.

The run kind of got out of hand, in the Forrest Gump sense that he just kept running till he got to an ocean - and then ran back till he came to another ocean. Well, I ran about 11kms in a big loop to the spine of the Peninsula, and then because I was feeling good capped it with a run to the golf course as well. With the aid of google maps I figured out that this run was fully 20.3 kms!  Pretty sure that's the furthest I've ever run all in one go!!!

Back here. Dinner and TV, and now bed.  Need to return to Melbourne tomorrow.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment: