Tuesday 1 January 2013

Shepparton again

Hi everyone,

Here we are at Shepparton again. The plan is to get steers into the yards tonight, load early tomorrow, take them down to Mount Martha and then come straight back here, then take another load to Mount Martha and Flinders the day after tomorrow. This farming life, I tells ya.

It was a pretty easy run up - clearly much of Melbourne was sleeping off New Years. A warm day - about 30C/90F and the sky with the washed out blue colour it gets on really hot days.

I spent a decent whack of the drive up thinking about the Dad-at-a-Distance thing that's part of the New Years resolutions. I typed quite a long spiel about this earlier today during siesta time, but on reflection I don't think I'm right, so I'll leave it out here.

Some cloud tonight. "The moon is a ghostly galleon tossed upon stormy seas". A few spots of rain this evening. Very warm tonight.

More tomorrow. See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment