Wednesday 23 November 2011

Late and ...?

Another night, another tram. There‘s got to be a film script in that somewhere.

It‘s been kind of a bust as a day. The whole morning (or what felt like all of it) was spent preparing for a conference with an employer in a matter.  I don‘t think I should discuss details. Suffice it to say I had to make sure I knew every page if the file. The conference itself then took most of the afternoon. And this evening‘s been taken up preparing the paperwork for my performance review tomorrow. It‘s 11pm, and I‘m going back to the sharehouse.

I had a call from Dad this evening. He was letting me know that the annual get together for the extended family is this weekend and asking/inviting me to go down. I‘d go except (a) I‘m drowning in work, (b) I have a County Court hearing starting Monday and (c) I‘ve already arranged to drive to Cheltenham and Kalkallo that day to sell a stroller. I felt like a rat for saying “I‘ll see“, but I also felt, I dunno, annoyed. Mum and Dad would go months without fetting in touch or extending an invite, butas soon as Mrs T and the girls are gone, they ask me down every weekend. I know it‘s kindly meant, to make them being away less lonely, but ... dammit. I dunno. I guess I‘m just looking for things to take offence at.

Last night‘s blog post failed to publish, which may be just as well. It was a scorcher, one where I was blaming myself with everything except causing the Great Fire of London. I don‘t think I will post it, although it might be interedting to pick apart when my heads in straighter.

Ok, my stop. See uou tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment